Sunday, June 20, 2010

AMERICAN EXPRESS AMEX AMEX-LONGTIME CLIENT, GOOD SPENDER PAYER CARD HOLDER NO MORE!!

We all going thru difficult times. Even the financial institutions who asked our tax money to survive. I have been AMEX client for over 15 years. Had corporate cards, personal cards, at one point spent almost 10k in one month and paid it. I paid almost 7K to settle some of my balances. left two out because of financial difficutlies. I had to go thru a Debt Management program (note: not same as debt consolidation) where i will pay my small 4k balance BUT at a reduced interest rate instead of the 25% they required. I had asked if they would renegotiate/lower the interest but cold shoulder so i had no alternative but to work with DM Program and voala! they got me a reduced rate! now, all other cards I had with zero balance, they cancelled them, becuase according to them 'i indicated i am unable to pay'. I sent them a letter asking to review my records, i have reduced my overall debt by almost 50% in last two months (almost 40k) and still got penalized for asking help to a non-profit organization to help me get out of debt faster. Too bad, I encourage all similar to my situation to seek debt management program (non profit BBB certified) so you can get rid of this 'extorsion'. I'm sick and tired of seeing big banks asking for OUR money and we still getting screwed by the system becuase they are allowed and they can!

No comments:

Post a Comment