Sunday, June 20, 2010

American Express - Travellers Cheques Refund Refusal (almost 2 years) Salt Lake City, Utah

After living 7 years in the USA I moved back to Brazil (May 2008) and used part of my savings to buy Traveller's cheques, thinking: "they are the safest way to carry my money". Well, it turned out that, during the move, they disappeared. I called AMEX and reported the loss when I was still at the airport (in the USA), but had the feeling they could be in one of the bags I had checked in. When I arrived in Brazil I realized they were nowhere to be found.

I have provided ALL the documents and information they requested and it's been almost 2 years and they keep e-mailing me the same answer: your claim hasn't been finalized yet.

I understand it's a large amount of money (20,000.00), but I was able to provide a good explanation about the origin of the money and the reason why I was carrying it. Anyways, it's my money and I trusted this company to carry it for me. I don't think the cheques have been stolen, because, according to them, nobody has tried to cash them. I think I misplaced them, because I left many things behind, when I moved, and, at this point, they were all thrown away.

I don't understand why they can't put a stop payment on them. Sounds like it's intentional, to cases like mine.

They are wearing me out. I don't know what else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment