Sunday, June 20, 2010

American Express AMEX Chris Bown AWSM Technology Owner Now Working for American Express, BEWARE!

I was looking on the Internet recently searching: “AWSM Technology” and I found Christopher Bown’s resume. I am a victim of AWSM Technology who was taken for thousands of dollars. Christopher Bown was one of the partners of AWSM Technology. I see now that he’s working for American Express. I wonder if AMEX knows that they have a criminal working for them?

AWSM Technology took millions of dollars from their victims between 2005 – 2007. Christopher Bown was the Chief Technology Officer and Partner in this venture. AWSM took me for almost ten thousand dollars by promising first page ranking on the search engines with their “AWSM technology”. This “technology” was nothing but a simple website.

The scam was they the victims were sold a site for a few hundred dollars. They were then assigned to an Ad Director who was little more than an out of work car salesman. The Ad Director’s job was to obtain more money from the mark by any means necessary. This included lying about the service, browbeating and other forms of abuse.

Not only did the sites never actually work right but they were poorly made too. I waited almost five months for all of my sites to be completed. During that whole time I received countless calls from my Ad Director demanding more money. I spent almost $10,000.00 on two, poorly built, sites that have never made me a dime.

Mr. Bown has obviously seen how his name comes up on the Internet in association with AWSM Technology. Recently, he has taken measures to disassociate himself from that name. He has removed it from his resume.

This is what Bown did, AWSM Technology used to be named Ad Foresight. He has removed the AWSM name from his resume and now refers to that experience as being from AD Foresight; AWSM’s old name.

AWSM then changed their name again to SearchMarketing. As you can see, Bown has that down as an experience on his resume. AD Foresight/AWSM Technology/SearchMarketing are the SAME company under three different names!

Right now, AWSM Technology is part of a Class Action Lawsuit. Here are some details about that which are public record:

Filed with American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) on behalf of Frank Stokes, but submitted as a potential “class arbitration” (i.e., class action).

• AAA Case No.: 11-147-002374-06

• Styled as: Stokes v. AWSM Technology, LLC

Arbitrator: Brendan N. Hare

Details:

**In an Order dated June 22, 2007, the Arbitrator ruled in favor of Frank Stokes on Clause Construction issue. Specifically, the Arbitrator found that “the arbitration clause in question permits the arbitration to proceed on behalf of a class.” A copy of the Order (called a “Clause Construction Award”) can be downloaded by clicking here.**

**Pursuant to AAA rules, the case will now be stayed for 30 days (until July 23, 2007) to allow for any appeal of the Arbitrator’s decision. After that, the case will proceed to the Class Determination Phase.**

Back to my experience with AWSM, in 2007 I was contacted about a seminar at AWSM’s Headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona to teach me to run my sites. I attended this seminar and met Mr. Bown who was introduced to me as one of the owners. This seminar was little more then a clever sales pitch designed to get us all in a room so their Ad Directors could work on us to buy even more worthless services.

Shortly after this, AWSM Technology went out of business; they closed their doors. Soon after, I began getting calls from Searchmarketing saying that they had taken over the AWSM Accounts and would now *finally* show me how to make money with these sites. Of course it cost even more money to get started.

Disgusted, I finally quit AWSM and joined the Class Action Lawsuit. I am wondering if Chris Bown was truthful with American Express when he interviewed with them? Did he tell them that he was on the run from a company that scammed millions out of people? Does American Express know Mr. Bown’s history?

I am posting Bown’s resume below this and below that I am posting some things that other people have written about AWSM Technology. Look at Bown’s resume and see how the words “AWSM Technology” have been removed from it.

Christopher Bown 3117 West Saint Kateri Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85041

Phone: 602-738-7547 Email: cbown75@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment