Sunday, June 20, 2010

AMEX RIPS OFF SENIOR CITIZENS by TELEMARKETING THOSE who cant HEAR New York, New York

Elderly People need to be "on guard" from calls from American Express. THey had been contacting my 85 year old father who is hard of hearing and soliciting him by telephone to buy Leisure Books, Travel Books Airbill books at OUTRAGEOUS prices and my father did not know he was ordering anything.

These telemarketers are trained to talk to elderly people and even when people respond they cannot hear them if the elderly person even utters the word uh huh that is considered as a "yes" to charge the people.

All these charges from AE T& L started appearing on my fathers bill & he didn't know what they were for . AMEX was charging him a 55.00 yearly subscription to a travel & Liesure club. Plus they tried to charge Books for an AIRBILL subscription for flights to the west Coast? Huh? My Dad hasn't been on a plane since 9-11 occurred. What does he need that for?

The telemarketing didn't stop until I became the contact person on the account & I informed them that I was a Federal Investigator for the Government. Then all of a sudden the craziness on his account STOPPED.

If this is how they treat the elderly cardmembers then my father doesn't need to have a Credit Card company that is constantly berating him with offers and then put things on bills & the CSR who answer the phones act like they don't know who is charging these amounts. It is AMEX on in house subscriber services department !!!
This is insanity... is this why we bailed out the banks? American Express is one of those corporations we bailed out too. I want to inform Sen Schumer in NY that we need some Financial Reforms on these Bankers and Credit card companies
.

No comments:

Post a Comment