Sunday, May 30, 2010

American Express Cancelled Me - Credit Card

By: CLezama

I received an unsigned letter from American Express stating that my credit card had been cancelled. It seems I am not worthy of holding an American Express credit card because I was 15 days late with my payment to a department store. Yet, incredibly, the department store still values my business. I called Amex and of course, they read me the same scripted answer that so many in my situation have heard.

I asked for a supervisor and he too attempted to read the same script. All I wanted was an address to write to because their gracious letter of cancellation gave no contact information. I only got an Amex because I finally gave in to their countless offers...BIG MISTAKE. And, as if the economy wasn't bad enough and all of us making an honest living aren't working hard enough, Amex will now add their unfounded cancellation to my credit report. Of course! Why not kick us while we're down? Makes sense, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment