Sunday, May 30, 2010

Out Of The Blue - Credit Card Cancellation

By: braintwist12

I recently paid of my American Express Blue card in full. ($2500) I had spent some time paying off other debts first but this was the last to go. I was feeling good about finally being debt free and having a decent line of credit to start using on a regular basis. I was also looking forward to suing those rewards point that I acquired.

(6300) So I go to use my card knowing that I have a nice cushion of 2600 and it is declined. Figuring it must be a mistake I check by phone and everything was cool. On-line my account is paid. So I try to use it once more. NO DICE! So I called the customer service line and found that my account had been canceled. I asked if it was some kind of mistake and they told me they sent me a letter informing my why. Since I didn't get the letter they told me over the phone that they checked my credit and saw that I had too much debt for the about of credit available.

Well I guess that is what happens when you only have a few credit cards and then get financed to BUY a new car! I get approved for a car loan, pay off all my credit cards, and they think it is in their best interest to close my account! I would think that faithful making on time payments for all my accounts for two years would show some kind of responsibility. I guess they don't want money. I can't believe that they would do such a thing. I would have at least wanted some notice. They have my number they could have called, or I guess they didn't give a crap. Credit card companies only call when they want to hassle some who is down like a big financial bully. Well I am done with them I just wish I had spent my 6300 rewards point before they stole them from me!

I think we all know the big corporations like this have gotten way out of control. Lets hope the snazzy congress of ours can finally come up with some legislation that will put the power back in the hands of the consumers!

No comments:

Post a Comment