Saturday, May 29, 2010

Don't get an American Express Card

By: 2xVeryAngry

This company treats its customers with disrespect and as if they are sub human.

I was a long term customer. I never missed a payment. Due to my wedding I was using my American Express to make most of the payments. Just before the wedding I paid off several large amounts one up to $3000 just a few days before the wedding.

We wanted to use that card for our honeymoon. Without notification they lowered my credit available to below my balance. I could no longer use the card. We struggled to come up with the cash to have our honeymoon. Thanks to some good friends and family we did. When I spoke to American express they said we were in good standing but they felt my credit was too high. It is not the company policy to inform its customers until after the available credit has been lowered. After speaking with a representative I cancelled my credit card with American Express and was told I could still see my account on line and get statements. I was also told I would stop getting statements once I no longer owed money. I made regular payments every two weeks for 2 months ranging from $250 - $1000 all well above my min balance. These jerks then called me today. Stating I missed my payment in June. The due date for my account was 5 June. I made payment on May 25 $250 and 10 June $500 and 15 June $1000. Since the 10 June and 15 June were after my due date. This should have been put onto my July statement. However, I got a call today stating I missed my July payment and that it was due today. It turns out American express has a period of 10 days after the due date where any payments made during this time would be on the previous bill. So I am now late due to some crazy policy this company has. Because my account was closed they denied me access to the online account and because I had an online account I no longer get paper bills.

So I no longer get any access to how much money I owe. This company makes no sense. I have seen mentally handicapped children handle a lemonade stand business better. I will not use any of their products again. In fact I avoid places that only accept American express as a result. They treated me like a criminal and lowered my credit score because of some nuts company policy. I hate them and everything they have done to us as a result. I did have perfect credit until these jerk faces came up with insane ideas on how to keep customers. I would use harsher language but don't want to offend anyone. But take it from me. If a company every deserved economic hardship it is these Jerk Faces (man I want to say something worse there.)

These Jerks just about ruined my wedding, my honeymoon and now are just calling me nonstop about a payment I haven't really missed except in some fantasy world they have created they call customer service.

If you have a card with American Express, get rid of it fast.

If you are thinking about a card don't

If you think after this you are going to keep your card. Just shoot yourself now and save Darwin the trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment