Sunday, May 30, 2010

Cancelled Without Notice Or Provocation

By: winstonboy

I have had at least one American Express card since 1969. At times I had as many as three. I have literally charged millions of dollars over the years and have never missed a payment. Last week, I got a notice that the credit limit on one of my cards was cut to $1,000. Then, this week I got a letter informing me that both my cards were cancelled because of a negative credit report.

It is true that my credit score has gone down recently, because I made the mistake of signing as a co-obliger on my son's mortgage, which he has had difficulty keeping up with. After making several payments for him, I decided enough was enough and told him he was on his own. He has his own business and makes enough to maintain most people's lifestyles.

Amex has a right to cancel anyone's card, but to do it to a cardholder of forty years, without any notice, is unconscionable, especially since I have never missed a payment and have liquid assets of over $1,000,000. When I called to complain, I got the standard answer. This from a company that brags about their customer service. Shameful.

No comments:

Post a Comment