Monday, May 31, 2010

AMEX Blue Cancelled for no good reason

By: TDLoyd

I applied and was approved for an AMEX Blue card in Aug 2008. Today, April 2009, I received a letter stating the account was terminated. The letter described several 'credit issues' that came up during my account review. I called them and explained that the only negative thing in my credit report is from 5 years ago I was late on two payments due to temporary unemployment, and that since acquiring my AMEX card my credit score has not changed (in fact I substantially reduced my debt during that time-frame).

They were neither friendly nor understanding.

I am extremely disappointed with the service I received and I sincerely hope that they can calculate the total actualized lifetime value of me being a cardholder and weigh that against the risk of a cardholder that has a decent credit score with 0 delinquent accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment