Saturday, May 29, 2010

False information by American Express Representative

By: azi

I am furious! my husband and I have had a credit card through American Express for over 5 years. We have always been on time with our payments and have paid our balances on time.

I had an unfortunate situation occur last month where I accidently had my bank send a check to Comcast instead of American express.

When I found out about this, I called American express and spoke to a "nice" lady who indicated to me that she would take off all the late fees and charges. I was very happy to hear that and thrilled about their customer service.

When I received my statement for this month, it appeared that the fees and late charges were still there. I called back and spoke to a supervisor and also the gentlement who supervised him. Both were extremely rude to me and indicated that they had nothing in their records supporting my conversation. They basically called me a lier!!

When asked to pull up the recording of this conversation which blatently supported my position, they said that they do not record all the customers conversations and that they rely on the accuracy of what their agents input into the system.
So basically, if you call the customer service number and you are quoted something, don't count on that statement being correct! The agents at American express well say anything to make you happy and later will not note it on the account. Thereafter, the supervisors will back their agents and will do nothing to investigate the incident.

I found this encounter with American express very diturbing. Its the principle of being lied to that bothers me the most, not so much the fact that they failed to take the fee off.

I'm planning to file a claim with the Better Business Bureau and possibly a formal federal legal action. I'm curious if there is anyone out there who experienced the same type of incident? If so, please contact me. I am willing to take all the steps neccessary to make sure this does not happen again to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment