Sunday, May 30, 2010

Passing The Buck - Travelers Checks

Passing The Buck - Travelers Checks

Hello,

Before I start this post you might want to read my previous review titled

"AMEX Knows How To Cover Their Asses - Travellers Checks"

If you read that review you can see I have encountered some problems (buck passing). At first I tried to file a complaint against AMEX with the Attorney General For the State of Utah.

The attorney general dismissed the complaining because I am not a Utah resident. I then filed a complaint against AMEX with the attorney general for the state of New York where I am a resident. The attorney general said we can only resolve disputes if both parties wish to do so voluntarily. This is a joke. If both parties were able to resolve the dispute voluntarily one party wouldn't have to file a complaint with the Office of the Attorney General.

The attorney general for Utah said to me that I should file my complaint against AMEX with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission). The FTC told me that they only handle class action law suits and not suits involving individuals. They said the proper place for me to go to would be the OTS (Office of Thrift Supervision).

When I went to the OTS the OTS said AMEX is a bank and that I should go to the FDIC.

Then when I went to the FDIC they said that AMEX is not a bank and I should go back to the FTC.

Then the FTC sent me back to the OTS. The OTS sent me back to the FDIC and the FDIC sent me to the FTC.

So I got rather frustrated. On this site a few weeks ago someone suggested that I should contact the OCC (Office of the Comptroller of the Currency). I contacted the OCC and they said the FDIC or the OTS were the proper agencies for me to file my complaint with. Once again passing the buck.

So, as you can see I am getting a big runaround. Does anyone have any suggestions on how this buck passing can be stopped? One idea I thought of is that I could try to contact the Secretary of the Treasury. I haven't tried that yet. Anybody have any other ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment