Sunday, May 30, 2010

Stressed Out - American Express Sucks

By: derbycity

I have two Gold Cards and One Blue, My typical monthly purchase between the gold cards are $25000.00 with hi months of $55.00 and they are always paid ON TIME. October 08 we get an letter cutting our credit to 21-K TOTAL "Current charges and Due Charges" which will equal approx $10500.00 available per month WTF!, been with them 20 Years.

March, an email lowering our available credit "Which I thought had no limit" to approx $500.00 over our current balance WTF!, 4/28/ lowered again! We use and have depended upon this company for our daily lifestyle and paid promptly monthly and now this. I AM DONE, I will not let a company which I was proud to be a part of pull my financial chain at there whim. Cancelled taking Amex at my company and have opened a CASH debit account thru my bank.

It's been tough to double up cash reserves the past few months but it does feel nice to no longer depend upon Amex. Guys, do the same, it does feel nice!

1 comment:

  1. American Express just levied my account from a debt from my marriage 3 years ago. I'm self employed and live alone and they took every cent I have. When I called and asked if I could have the money to cover my rent check and something to live on, because I don't know when my next client will come, they said, "you should have thought of that before you stopped paying your bills." When I racked up the debt I was making over $100k/year then the recession hit and I lost my job. I now make less than $20,000 a year. I pulled all my 401k out to live on and that's what they took - $10,000 - all the money I had in the world. I have $4 in my wallet and half a tank of gas and they told me, "too bad, you should pay your bills." American Express cares more about profits and rich shareholders than real people. I will NEVER ever give them another cent.

    ReplyDelete