Saturday, May 29, 2010

No Prior notice of card cancellation

By: toodles

I just logged onto my account on the AMEX website and found out that my card was cancelled. I have an outstanding balance on my sign and travel but other than that I have always paid my American Express when it was due. I told a representative at the beginning of the year that because I had cancer and I was paying a lot of copays and medication copays it would be difficult to pay off the balance until summer.

I was told not to worry that I "was in good standing with AMEX." I also had a problem with some of the Customer Service reps who did not understand that a debit and a credit cancel each other out. That took about 4 or 5 phone calls. I am very upset and I would say to those of you who have an outstanding sign & travel balance, Look Out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment