Monday, May 31, 2010

Ridiculous Customer Service

By: Mel Fra

I recently received a Skymiles card and made 2 very small purchases. Then I was asked to call to verify my identity to protect against identity theft. The only way to do this is get my bank on the phone. I hold and some woman comes on the line claiming to be from my bank and she won't give any information without getting my account number information - with the American Express representative on the phone! I'm not giving some account representative all of my banking information.

If I don't do that, I have to jump through hoops with bank notarized affidavits to prove who I am. Funny since I've had a Costco AmEx card for years and American Express knows perfectly well who I am. Did they need the bank account information to keep on file for future use? And if they are so interested in identity theft, why would they want my bank account info flying all over those recorded conversations. Very simple minded and absolutely no real customer service. I will never have a good thing to say about the rude customer service reps either. It wasn't a process to protect against identity theft.

It was AmEx crap. Funny, if they don't know who I am - who pays the bill on the Costco card monthly??????????

No comments:

Post a Comment