Saturday, May 29, 2010

Terrible Service - Fraud Department

By: Nunyadb

I had my wallet/identity stolen on may 13th 2009. I had seen on my credit report that someone had tried opening a credit card with American express under my name on June 8th so I called Amex fraud department that day and they told me that if I had sent them a police report they could fax/send me a copy of the online application that this person had filled out for my police investigation.

They wouldn't send it to my new adDress so they said they could send it to my old adDress which wouldn't be beneficial anyways because the person who stole my wallet had my old adDress (which is my mom's house) on my license and was stealing our mail from that mailbox. They said if I didn't receive it in a week to call them back. So two weeks went by and I never received it. When I called them again they had no tracking or information at all on 'this case' after being transferred to 5 different people and holding for a loooong period of time! Then they finally claim they found it but can't fax ot or forward it to my new adDress so therefore I will never receive it because even if it doesn't get stolen by that person who stole my identity it will get forwarded back to Amex and not forwarded on to my new adDress because it is 'confidential.' So my case goes cold :(

No comments:

Post a Comment