Saturday, May 29, 2010

Amex Cancellation without notice

By: AMEXisEvil

I got an Amex card a few months ago at Costco, I have avoided them for a long time due to their annual fees, and my distaste for credit cards in general (thanks Dave Ramsey). I only got the card because of the 3% rewards on dining out and gas, my largest expense category besides my mortgage. I took my family out to dinner and attempted to pay with my Amex.

Come to find out it was denied. I had just gotten back from a business trip so I thought maybe I triggered a fraud alert. I called Amex today and they said they canceled my account! No warning, no letter or e-mail.

This just after I paid my balance in full. To add insult to injury I'm also denied the rewards I earned while I had the card.

Amex has lost a customer for life and I will be sure to tell anyone who will listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment