Saturday, May 29, 2010

Worst credit card company ever

By: R1

I have been an American express customer for 3 years now, and have ALWAYS paid my balances in full every month. I went to use my card last night and was told that it was not authorized, embarrasssed I quickly retrieved my debit card and paid for the meal. I go home and log in to my Amex account online only to see that it has been canceled WTF!? So this morning I call them and they tell me after a review they decided to cancel my account because I have not always paid my account in full, and I have a public record on my credit, and because I have had a lot of inquiries on my credit report.

All which are FALSE, I tell the customer service rep, that I don't know if they have me mixed up with someone else, but I have a 700 + FICO score, and I have a clean credit report, within the past 2 months I have had 4 credit inquires as I am searching for the best deal for a new car. She informs me that all she has in front of her was a summary and no specifics, they never sent me a letter or email or anything informing me of what was happening, they just shut my card down, she told me I had to pay the balance in full immediately to prevent going to collections. COLLECTIONS!!!!!!! The balance isn't due until next week, and she said that I have to pay it now. So after I hung up on her I logged on paid my balance in full and shredded the card. I'm done with them, never again!!!!! I had over 250,000 in rewards points that I never got to redeem, if you have an American express card, my advice to you is to pay it off and cut it up, because had I not had my debit card on me I don't know what I would have done, as I don't carry cash. This company will leave you up s%$ts creek and not think twice about it. Now I understand why a lot of places don't accept this horrible card.

No comments:

Post a Comment