Sunday, May 30, 2010

Canceled Credit Card - American Express Gold Card

By: bendabob

I have had my gold card for 5 years. I have never been late on a payment, and pay it off fully every two weeks. I went to use my card yesterday and it declined. I figured this was an error done by the cashier and paid on my other credit card. I called AMEX to make sure and while waiting, the automated voice said no current balance due, no new charges.

I had just paid it off. I got through to a live person, and he simply stated that my card was canceled due to AMX running my credit. He could offer no other explanations except there was a letter sent out yesterday saying my credit card was canceled. I believe this is unacceptable and loyalty and good track records of payments have no bearing on decisions.

I can tell you I was very happy with the service provided, but will never use your services again. I have 3 other credit card and will now use those that appreciate my money and loyalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment