Sunday, May 30, 2010

Betrayed by American Express

By: anti-americanexpress

I have had two American Express credit cards since 2003. I have never been late to pay my balance and it was full payment all the time. Then guess what? American Express just cancelled my credit cards all of sudden on May 1st 2009. The reason is that I have high debt, which is, they said, my mortgage for my house.

I checked my credit report and score. My credit score is over 740. Everything was in good standing, never late. I can’t still believe it. Nonsense. I guess they may cancel anyone who has a house and pays mortgage since it will be considered as debt, which seems American Express doesn't want to have its business any more.

I can say I have been a LOYAL customer to AMEX. The AMEXs were my major ones about 70% of my total credit cards. All the time I used to use AMEX rather than the others. But then they did not appreciate it at all. They don't know the importance of loyalty at all. It will be an excellent example of customer loyalty for my marketing class. It is not really enough about what I feel now, though. But I am not going to argue this with them since it is not my loss, but their loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment