Sunday, May 30, 2010

Same Experience As Most On Here. We Need To File Class Action Suit

By: mbyrnes

I have had a similar experience to many of yours on this site. The only difference is that I was a new customer of American Express. I got my Gold Rewards Plus card in Jan. and they told me that there was no spending limit on the card. I figured that meant that they would review a purchase only if it was inconsistent with amounts previously spent.

I found out I was wrong when, after a month of having the card and making the only payment necessary, I was declined on a $4 purchase. When I called AMEX they said that my account was under financial review. I could not figure out why since they had just approved me a month earlier based on my credit report, but I bent over backwards and sent my financials to them.

That helped to clear my card for about a week or two until they declined me again. This time I call and the lady informs me that the no spending limit card has a limit of (laughable) $500 dollars! I could have got approved for a college credit card and got a larger spending limit then that.

I decided to just quit using the card because I did not need the credit anyways, I was just trying to use it for necessities to build some reward points.

About a month later after I had made all three payments (550, 989, and 454 dollars respectively) way before the due dates I logged into my AMEX account to find out they canceled my card!

They told me, like others of you, that according to Experian my credit score had dropped. I pulled my credit report and there was no change and no new derogatory items in 2 years! I called AMEX and the first lady was so rude and defensive and almost hung up on me! I finally got a supervisor who told me that I had to send the Experian report over so they could match it up to what they had. I told her I was not going to waste my time or hers because I could tell they had already made their minds up.

All throughout the process not one representative even came close to apologizing! What ever happened to customer service? I would encourage all of you on here to report AMEX's behavior to your government officials and also I think that we should get a class action started.

No comments:

Post a Comment