Saturday, May 29, 2010

Unbelievable but True.... - Credit Limit Reduced

By: Rasta

We must unite and find a way to expose American express before this happens to others. This is my story... My payment have been late several times and I run a high balance but I pay every month. Often I pay twice a month but I did not realize that you must pay between the 16th and the 6th until finally a customer service representative explained it to me.

My daughters won the national forensic competition and will travel to the states for the nationals. We live on an U.S. island in the middle of the pacific. I called customer service and informed them that I planned to pay down my limit so that I could use my card for my travels. I gave them my travel dates and they assured me that I would not have any problems with my card. Yesterday I was informed that my credit limit has been reduced and I have only $109 available credit. My wife and daughters leave in one week and I leave in two weeks. Plans have been made, I have contacted people in the states, my car has been reserved, and they took my family's money knowing what our plans were. I have two daughters who won competitions and it is my responsibility to pick one up in Omaha, and the other in San Antonio. They knew exactly what I was planning and they just took away my credit line. How cruel is that? They smiled in my face while choosing which knife they would use. It took me months to plan this trip. And now after the fact, I understand why many businesses do not accept Amex. And the first thing I thought of was to sue which brought me to this site. I had no idea what a monster we are dealing with until I read all of the negative reviews. We must warn people before this happens to others and we must unite and figure out a way to get some justice out of this. This is just wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment