Saturday, May 29, 2010

Reporting $0 Limit and XXXX balance negative credit impact

By: pwonson

American Express has always reflected my account as having a credit limit of $0, thereby lowering my credit score. When I spoke to them about it, they were nasty to me and I should have followed my gut and closed the account. We were in the process of buying a house so I did not.

However last fall or summer they imposed a limit (I have the statements) but a limit of $0 is still reflected in my credit reports.

(They claim they are reporting it correctly but the report is never corrected.)

This year they started chasing my balance as I paid it, that is lowering the limit as I paid yet still the limit of $0 is reflected.

They also report a closed account, because at one point they reported the flexible and the full payment as separate accounts (?).

All the misrepresented information on my report decreases my score by at least 100 points. And all the reasons they stated for lowering my limit were a directly related to how American Express accounts are reflected on my report.

No comments:

Post a Comment