Monday, May 31, 2010

My Amex Blue And Clear Cards Canceled For No Reason!

By: KeeferD420

I have had 2 American Express cards (a Blue and a Clear) for 3+ years. On 3/23, I paid off both balances in full. Yesterday I received a letter from American Express dated 4/6/09 stating that they have cancelled BOTH accounts. There was no contact information listed on the letter, so I went online to find the customer service #.

When I called, I spoke with a woman and asked why they cancelled my accounts and she said (via a script) "This is a business decision and we feel comfortable in regards to this account." I asked again, why would they cancel an account that has been paid in full on both cards, with no notice, and she said (verbatim) "This is a business decision and we feel comfortable in regards to this account." I said "Well this is a terrible way to treat a loyal customer in a time such as these economic times, especially after all the Federal Bailouts, paid with my taxpayer dollars." She said "This is a business decision and we feel comfortable in regards to this account."

I will NEVER do business again with American Express - they way they treat their customers is HARDLY American.

No comments:

Post a Comment