Sunday, May 30, 2010

In 2009, AMEX Hates Small Businesses and Independent Business People

By: AMEXBS

My own story is simple, a small business member since 1994, pay on-time, credit availability between three cards of $55,000 and then the games start from AMEX in 2008.

1) Phone calls from AMEX asking me to pay my bill before the due date.

2) With great credit, AMEX starts their "GAME" of lowering limits 1 or more times per month resulting in a) denied business and personal transactions, and b)reducing my credit score.

3) When talking with AMEX's CSR's they state my credit profile has changed.

Yes, they are right, they changed it by consistently reducing my credit levels.

4) In frustration, I call AMEX and cancel the Blue card. What a mistake, my credit report gets whacked again.

Fast forward to 2009.

5) More monthly calls from AMEX asking me to pay before due dates and more reductions in credit limits without any notification or telephone discussion. Also the CSR's state that if I pay immediately then they will make sure I have charging privileges in the future and that if I do not "make a pay by phone" I will have my cards locked.

6) Low Credit limits and lower credit scores for my small business.

7) Insult to injury - An irate AMEX CSR calls my cell phone on a Saturday AM an threatens me to pay the small amount I owe right now or else he will cancel my accounts without me knowing it.

April 2009

8) Discover low and behold that they cancelled the accounts, locked up/eliminated my hundreds of thousands of membership rewards points.

So now I am not motivated to pay them. QUite frankly I will pay the paltry sum and move on but this firm is evil, lies to its customers, treats its customers poorly at every opportunity and is an embarrasssment to its shareholders, bondholders, customers and the United States.

I hope there is a class action lawsuit soon that sues for damages caused by their "Games."

No comments:

Post a Comment